Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Proposal to fix Autel Issues

2017 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-08-17 11:45:35

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
    Erik Autel US
    2015-07-17 18:09:48
     Hello,

As you know there is an ongoing issue with the new updates that are causing functions and/or features to be removed for the Autel units. 

With that being said, I have talk to the support in China. I will be in charge to provide support between customers and members of Autel as well as assisting the engineers and support for Autel China.

The main goal of the new updates are to improve the interface of the diagnostics and prevent any further litigation that comes from other manufacturers.

Their intent is not to change or remove the features or functions. 

Right now, the leaders and managers of Autel are very aware of the serious situation at hand and working very hard to resolve the issue in a timely fashion. 

They are comparing the previous to current version and see what went wrong.

To expedite the issues, I asked everyone to please email me at jonerikb@autel.us for the issue that you are having.

Please provide Year, make, model, engine size, and VIN as well as serial number of scanner. For MaxiSys and MaxiDas units, please datalog and provide as much detailed description of the issue. For all other units, please provide as much as detailed description of issue as well.

The more detail you give us on the issue, the better our support can quickly provide to fix the issue.

Please give engineers some time to fix this issue. They will analyze the problem like the way we diagnose the problems on vehicles. 

I will provide a list of issues for the scanners to the support team in China on a daily basis as much as possible. 

Let’s work together as a team to get these issues resolved so we can move into bigger and better things.

If any questions, please let me know.

Jon-Erik Balagot

Technical Support

Autel US California

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-08-17 11:45:35 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)

Hi Eric , Besides people claiming update software have lost some OE functions or some no longer work with newer updates , I also seem to see a disproportionate amount of posts on the forum about DS 708 software cards getting corrupted or the DS 708 not being able to tell if the SD card is even in the tool. Is it possible for Autel to create some CUT AND CLEAR AND SIMPLE videos and post links to them of how to properly create a working backup of the your tool's software to archive and use in the event of a problem .
      Also like to see  you tube videos showing how datalogs sent resulted in fixes to the latest software releases and restored some  lost OE functionality.
  Total1 Pages