Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS401 > My TS401 has stopped triggering or retre...
My TS401 has stopped triggering or retreiving info

4381 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2024-03-14 18:02:28

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    doyalw
    2017-12-16 17:05:18

The scanner was working find until about 3 weeks ago.  It doesn't seem to matter what vehicle I try, I can get no results.  The unit is a little over a year old.  I have updated to the latest v5.31 software and have tried other previous versions but the results are still the same.  I have recently tried the sensors on a 2008 HHR, 2012 and a 2016 Honda CR-V, 2010 Honda Odyssey, but will not trigger or retrieve any info.  Otherwise the scanner appears to be functioning properly.  The tool information shows the serial no. as T416310291. Burn date as 07/26/16,  the S/W ver. as V5.31GL and the H/W ver. as V3.00.  I am using it in the US market.  Can someone help? or experienced similar problem and solved it?

Tags: problem

•   Level 4   
    (120) points
    Clark Luo

2017-12-21 13:01:26 (Reply to:doyalw)

Dear sir,

We are now didn't got what the exactly problem you have,please show us some pictures about this issue to us for locating you problems,and would you please explain what it's mean by saying "get no result".We are looking forward to you feedback ,thanks. 

Thanks for choose Autel product.If you have any TPMS problems,please feel free to contact us.
    TPMS Group AUTEL

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    doyalw
    2017-12-22 15:01:48 (Reply to:Clark Luo)
     I have tested it on several different makes of vehicles, but I'll use the 2008 HHR for this discussion. When I try to test the unit on this vehicle, after about a minute, the scanner reports that no sensor is present, but the vehicle, its self, is reading the sensors and the tire pressure.  It does not matter what vehicle I try the scanner on, I get the same results that no sensor is present, but the vehicles have sensors and they are in perfect working order.

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    doyalw
    2017-12-25 16:17:13 (Reply to:doyalw)

I tested a key fob and found this Problem – (2008 HHR key fob)

I selected RKE & RF Monitor from the Tool Kit screen. The scanner unit shows a full bar graph with a 315MKZ notation and immediately begins to beep continuously while apparently transmitting a continuous 315MHZ signal for approximately 50 seconds and then switches to a 433 MHZ signal transmitting it for about 25 seconds and then switches back to the 315MKZ signal while it continues to transmit and beep until you back out of the screen.  The bar graph remains full while this is all going on.  My intent was to test the 2008 HHR key fob.

I have purchased a new TS501 and it tested all the buttons on the key fob with no problem.

I also ran another test using the new TS501 and the bad TS401 on the 2008 HHR.  I held both scanners to the tire sensor and first tried triggering the sensor with the TS401 and neither scanner could read the sensor.  I then tried triggering the sensor with the new TS501 and only the new TS501 could read the sensor.  I tried it several times and obtained the same results. So I concluded that the TS401 is not triggering or reading the sensor.

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    VENG

2017-12-31 04:27:38 (Reply to:doyalw)

I have the same exact problem. My unit is about the same age and I have the same software versions.  It was working fine in November and now I can't read any TPMS units that the unit read before. Likewise I did a similar keyfob test. In my situation it read the 433MHz but when i tried my 315MHz remotes, it didn't register on the unit.  My unit is for home use and is sparingly used. 

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    VENG

2018-01-06 17:38:59 (Reply to:VENG )

Initially I downgraded the v5.31 back to the v3.20 and the unit worked again. I believe the problem has to do with the menu selection for Range Rover on the current software update. v5.31 had one menu selection for a 2008 Range Rover. v.3.20 has two menu options -  433MHz and a 315MHz option.  433MHz didn't work; however, the 315MHz pulled the code as expected. 

Did some more research and apparently on v5.31 there is a SETTING to change between the US and EU market. It seems when the software is updated, it defaults to the EU setting. Once I changed the setting to US, it worked as it did under v3.20.

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    doyalw
    2018-01-08 04:53:25 (Reply to:VENG )
     I have tried different versions of the software and I am on the latest, v5.31 at present, and the scanner will not work on any.  I am using the US market in settings etc. and my results are still the same, I can trigger no sensors or obtain any readings from a sensor that I know is working or test any key fob, the scanner is useless in its present state.  I plan on giving support a phone call and see what I can get done with it, that is if it is affordable.  The cost to repair may be not worth the effort.

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    cpj14

2018-01-17 18:03:56 (Reply to:doyalw)

No problem I found the latest update.
    http://www.maxitpms.com/tpmscms/Downloads/index.jhtml

•   Level 4   
    (120) points
    Clark Luo

2018-01-18 11:23:47 (Reply to:doyalw)

Dear sir,

Could you please show us you vehicle make,model and year,(better to provide the VIN number of your vehicle)we will try to find out what exactly the problem is,thanks. 

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    doyalw
    2018-01-24 03:41:18 (Reply to:Clark Luo)
    I appreciate all the responses.  My problem has been solved by Autel support in New York.  They ended up replacing the unit.   

Autel Support sure stands behind their products.  I contacted Autel Support in New York and they tried some things by desktop remote but the unit did not respond.  They then had me ship it to them and 12 days later I received a replacement unit.  My sons and I together own 5 different Autel Diagnostic tools and we are well pleased with their products.  I would definitely recommend their products to anyone in the market for diagnostic tools.  Again, thanks to everyone.

Total2 Pages