Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > does not do what was advertised.
does not do what was advertised.

13643 Views 37 Replies Latest reply: 2014-04-01 20:14:24

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-08 19:06:01 (Reply to:joshua)

-

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-03-09 07:56:44 (Reply to:ede65)

Stay on topic people.
    Refrain from childish domestic arguments let alone language please.

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    delloneill

2014-03-09 09:26:11

Have to agree with everything you say ede65 the maxisys is at a very early stage in development and has great potential and the autel engineers need to hear all our feedback so that they can continue to make improvements and make this tool one of the best out there, yes I'm sure at the minute there is things this tool can't do but with a little time and encouragement from the people on here that has purchased it the maxisys can only get better, it's like purchasing anything when they start selling the product they start to invest more in the product, if no one purchased the maxisys there would be no need to develop it any further, as for the engineers who helped develop this tool yes they will hear negative comments about the product (and I sure they will be able to handle them there big boys and girls) I can only say good things about you because if you didn't bother using you time and skills we wouldn't have this tool, I know if I heard negative comments all the time about what I do I wouldn't bother and only do half a job, as for this forum and people on it like yourself ede65 and myself and meany others on here we give up our time for free to help others I know I have have learned a lot by reading posts on here (as the saying go's if you not earning your learning ) everyone is entitled to there opinion but please be pleasant about it as for the good folks on here mite feel unappreciated and possible leave the forum hence loosing good information and help when others need it, I know I can't fix every car I get in the workshop but I can say I try hard and before someone comments that I work for Autel I can assure you I don't, but I do rely on good information, so to all the good folk on here thank you for giving up your time to help the less fortunate folk like myself and as for Autel all I can say you have a good tool but you have the potential to make a great tool  

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-09 11:06:09 (Reply to:delloneill)

-

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    andrewdunn

2014-03-09 13:31:15

I cannot understand how you people are making comments like 'work in progress' and see no problem with that statement. This tool doesn't even match the maxidas. So you are content to be a beta tester for the company at the expense of your time and money. 12 months free updates, big deal. Its going to take longer than that to develop it be equal to a real scan tool. Very disappointing tool. It's just a flashy toy with very little meat and bones.

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    delloneill

2014-03-09 15:07:31

Hi andrewdunn I can't comment on the maxidas as this is the first autel I've owned but I own a lot of diagnostic equipment from AutoBoss v30 elite to lunch x431 to main manufacturers equipment like ford ids, vag 5054a , Kia/Hyundai gds just a few to name, but the first AutoBoss I bought 4 years ago had very basic functions but as time went on it got better and better as I hope the Autel ms908 will, I think I like the idea of one piece of equipment that will do all I like the idea of but will there ever be only one manufacture of diagnostic that can do all,  I have an autologic which cost an arm and a leg to buy then I had to pick what package I wanted so I got BMW,merc,pug/Citroen and Renault package which cost €20000 and which I paying €15000 a year for support for so look at it from my point of view, yes I know what you mean about a beta tester but what I'm saying is it can only get better, one of the reasons AutoBoss has got a lot better it Bosch has bought them in the last year but the downside to that is Bosch is under licence to a lot of car makers and I can see where the 5 year rule mite apply here in Europe, 

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    andrewdunn

2014-03-09 15:50:29 (Reply to:delloneill)

I will not make the mistake of buying another autel product. Dirty tactics releasing a
    new product into the market before it is ready. I own many scan tools also, just like
    most techs that have posted here. I have never purchased an AM tool that has been so
    weak straight out of the box. They should have at least matched the 708 capabilities
    before releasing this tool. This tool has crashed and restarted several times. Has this
    annoying clicking in the speakers. I cannot believe that I fell for the sales hype and
    flashy gimmicks. Never again.

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    delloneill

2014-03-09 16:02:32 (Reply to:andrewdunn)

I'm not sure where you are andrewdunn but I only had mine since Friday on have only tried it on a few cars so far it seems pretty good here in Ireland on Europe and jap stuff, could it be you have a faulty unit or something, have you tried using the online support to see if they can sort it out, I can understand what your are saying and I suppose I'm willing to put up with as I have other tools to fall back on but I suppose if I only had the 908 to relay on it would be different story, what cars are you having a problem with, I hope you get your unit sorted out, I would contact customer tech support first to see if you have a fault unit, then take it from there, I will try mine a lot in the next week and let you know what kind of vehicle coverage problem i encounter 

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    joshua

2014-03-09 21:07:42 (Reply to:andrewdunn)

Thank you very much these people don't understand that you shouldn't have to over 4k
    to beta test a tool that shld not have been put on the general market till it was
    completely ready which it is absolutely not

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-10 08:02:27 (Reply to:joshua)

-

Total4 Pages