Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Unfortunately maxisys stopped working
Unfortunately maxisys stopped working

15390 Views 63 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-13 22:09:42

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2015-10-07 22:26:56 (Reply to:TRIGGY)
                      Already e-mailed them and informed customer support in USA how unprofessionally they handle support and wanted a fix for this issue only not major update that probably would come with a a whole new set of issues. Reloading the same junk software isn't a fix nor is disabling wi-fi and what about the users with the pro version trying to program a Benz or BMW with wi-fi locking up the maxisys app? As of today no comment on this post from them so the voicemail they left me could be BS. Others should keep the pressure on support till they own up to their obligation. PS, I also vented pretty hard to support in the e-mail which I'll not repeat here.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-10-07 23:03:23 (Reply to:tech54)

Jeez ,  please let the overworked Chinese engineers enjoy their last day of  their one week a year vacation time and come back refreshed! I think everyone is going to be told they will  have to update Ice Cream Sandwich  OS to newer  Jelly Bean OS tomorrow if they want to be able to update newer car coverage further. It remains to be seen if  you guys will be able to roll back to your older software versions any longer afterwards .
        So  do you Punks  feel lucky or what? Are you ready  to run to and bend over for the Strap On man once again ?LMFAO . If  the older software versions don't work with Jellybean and the new software is a punitive court ordered final downgrade thing to placate Ford, I will most likely loose all trust , not want to take any  chances and just  turn the WIFI off on my old 15 mo expired DS708 and figure it might go up several hundred dollars in resale value after the bad news left in it's expired state. :-)

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    P2gee

2015-10-08 09:35:38 (Reply to:TRIGGY)

........and useless unuseable updates we pay for and get out of their lavish offices and come 
    see the real workforce and ask us what we really think feel and need. After all its our 
    wallets they are emptying for bad value for money updates and lack of support. Any 
    thoughts guys?>>>>>

Yeah.....you appear to be just another Snap On plant that shows up in competitive product forums,  training sessions, product demos, ect with the sole purpose of shooting down the competitive product and bolstering Snap On before a captive audience.  I've been a spectator to this Snap On stunt for decades and to their credit, it is a pretty smart ploy on Snap On's part in the competitive world of tool and equipment sales.  I was in mobile tool sales for about 10 years (not SO) and talked with a competing SO dealer on my route one day about this.  He said yes, they with usually find a hard core Snap On only tech and for say a $500-$1000 credit on his tool bill, get him to attend say a OTC Genysis training session and ask questions and bring up points to make it look bad in front of the class.

•   Level 2   
    (26) points
    jbakers1

2015-10-08 10:20:01 (Reply to:witsend)

I Purchased A New Verdict (Well It was New On the truck) With Xp In 2013 and i also Bought The Maxisys 908 For The  past 2 years i have used the autel with out any problems and it is a great tool at half of what it cost me for the verdict. The verdict is a piece of ^^^^ and probably will not purchase another snapon scan tool. It Takes At Least 4-5 Min to Fire up if you turn it off,Battery life sucks at about and hour and by directional controls are scarce compared to autel. This Tool Has Been A Great Addition To My Weaponry.All That Said I do Wonder If This Last bug was a planned bug because of all the people saying how they where not going to update their tool. Well Now You either update it or it will be a pain in the ass every time you go and use it> I don't Know For now i will keep my tool updated and hopefully i can continue working with this tool.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2015-10-08 10:58:31 (Reply to:witsend)
                        Probably better off if they stayed on vacation forever or got lost in a typhoon. Their idea of a fix from just checking update messages is to ignore the problem reload every car line and the discussion will change then to who knows what?  Another example of no support for their screw-up it seems or their not intelligent enough to fix the problem is my guess.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-10-08 12:15:37 (Reply to:tech54)

to all the people that say we are being too hard on autel i had one of the first maxidas tools on the market which only a small sd card so instead of telling people or recommending  fitting a bigger card they simply deleted the older vehicles (like they were all scrapped overnight never to be worked on again) to give them more space for new vehicles that only the dealers see.

customer support is total s**t...... we didn't sign up to be beta testers with the use of free software we paid with hard cash to trust their guesswork and im sorry a company that big needs permanent support staff even on their annual holiday....

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2015-10-08 18:55:44 (Reply to:busaman)
                 From what I saw on updates quickly browsing through them it seems they just went ahead with major reload that's posted. I see couple guys took the dare and so far OK. Wasn't surprise operating system stayed the same and nobody mentioned google play compatibility just their file explorer got changed so need to learn navigation for logos if wanted. Your right about the whole company shouldn't be on vacation at once and don't believe that's what happened just the engineers which gets back to where's the support in the meantime. For now I'm waiting and considering selling off unit as doesn't really give that much more capability.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-10-09 04:56:02 (Reply to:tech54)

Hi, according to customers' feedback, the newly released system program can solve the issue. Please check.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-10-09 11:50:55 (Reply to:Autel Support)

SUPPORT you have not told us what we lose and what we gain with this new update  i want reassuring that i will gain more than i lose we have had NO details on what is going on.

WHERE IS THE NEW APPLICATION LIST.!!!!!!!

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2015-10-09 19:30:03 (Reply to:Autel Support)
                    Not from the new posts I already see about stuff not working! Like a I predicted a whole new set of issues for diversion  to consider. Let me know when you just fix the wi-fi issue and not all the other crap.
  Total7 Pages