Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
need help

9391 Views 40 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-30 02:39:23

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-22 08:21:00 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

Do you mean you missed ‘Maxisys’app in your tablet? If this is the case, it is really strange, this app can't be uninstalled as it is.

So may I suggest you send some pictures to support@autel.com so we can know your case exactly? 

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-22 23:59:30 (Reply to:Support02)

Why do we have team viewer on the tablet for support if your not going to use it for cases like this. The gentleman is during his update period you should be telling him to set up remote access with you to verify if he's got corrupt files or whatever the issue is but no you'd rather jerk his chain jump through hoops first before giving real support not right.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mdtaylor
    2015-12-23 05:04:23 (Reply to:tech54)
     I emailed support as suggested. I doubt anything gets fixed. I'm heavily believing that these guys realized they won't win the lawsuit. So they are pulling out of America and have turned off the update servers. I'm sure we are about to see th ese guys disappear and launch the product under a different name. 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-23 07:59:23 (Reply to:tech54)

We received the screenshot from Mdtaylor. It is because the Maxisys app has been deleted by mistake. It can be resolved by "Factory Reset" to restore that app.

As for Teamviewer, because of time difference, and also firstly we need to get to know the problem exactly then decide whether that problem is necessary to be resolved by Teamviewer.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mdtaylor
    2015-12-23 09:36:35 (Reply to:Support02)
     Read opening post this problem all started after a factory reset. Then I tried again to be sure. It has now been factory reset twice. Do you read the issue or just tell everyone to reboot or reset. And pray they go away. 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-23 10:03:17 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

For this case, it is not the system failure.It is because you root your tablet and deleted Maxisys App,that's why the Factory Reset will not work. 

If this is the case, I think you need the installation file - Maxisys.apk. to re-install it to your tablet. But for confidential purpose, usually it is not allowed to send the Maxisys.apk to customer directly. I will come back to your email tomorrow.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mdtaylor
    2015-12-23 10:12:13 (Reply to:Support02)
     No I did not root it I made zero modifications to my tablet. I did the factory reset because it had been suggested to reset so my device would update. Device still will not update to the latest OS and I don't have maxisys. Why the software isn't packed into the recovery partition of the device is a mystery. 

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-24 00:08:11 (Reply to:Support02)

Isn't the the purpose of team viewer quick support you take control of mdtaylor's tablet and look through the files to see for yourself what's wrong and fix it. You can try to do all your suggestions yourself to verify what he's talking about. As far as time difference if you don't have enough support agents arrange it with him like normal people do.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-24 00:26:26 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

You may be right but their slow sometimes non-existent support is an ongoing issue with most end-users. Could be they cut back drastically because of lawsuits but their still selling enough of these units to survive I think. What will eventually sink them is if nobody updates to pay for the R&D for updates and support. First tell-tale is the incomplete (beta) software that's currently going on then less support and updates to follow soon. Half the issues posted seem to be something like yours about Maxisys APK or droid configuration causing problems the other half about car-line software missing not working which does require some software repair which we probably could live with if they were honest and kept us informed better. To me your problem most companies would be able to handle it using low level support agents not like they suggest only top personnel which I'm guessing right now they do not have enough.

•   Level 3   
    (56) points
    hitechauto

2015-12-24 03:16:06 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

Have you called tech support,once I finally got someone to answer the phone they
    gave me there email address and they seemed to help a lot better than the tech
    support in (communities)
  Total5 Pages