Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
need help

9394 Views 40 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-30 02:39:23

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mdtaylor
    2015-12-24 06:30:48 (Reply to:hitechauto)
     Supposedly they are going to email me a file with the install info. But we shall see. Stuff like this shouldn't be hard. Turn on your update server let my device connect and send it to my device directly.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mdtaylor
    2015-12-24 06:55:39 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)
     Yup just got the email they want me to ship it back to China. I'm guessing the goal is to scare me off but I'm gonna ship it back. I'm into this for 2k already what's another 100 on shipping.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-24 09:07:06 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

normal tactics for Chinese any decent company would give you a loan tool in the meantime and arrange for pickup and repair...

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-25 00:06:42 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

First of all you should be shipping it to one of their authorized distributors in your region not China,Second it seems like your just missing their maxisys apk file so that you can update normally and why not send it to your e-mail on the tablet an executable file for that maxisys apk. third if their is a problem with other files on the tablet they should be able to correct those using team viewer or whatever remote control that works with maxisys and last of all I'm going to mention if you didn't buy maxisys from one of their authorized retailers their probably going to say unit trashed no warranty must purchase again with updates seen it before on forum. I'd get something from them stating your under warranty first before shipping. Your decision but why am I paying $100.00 for shipping if under warranty. What's the estimated turn around time stated especially if no loaner you need to be able to work in the meantime.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mdtaylor
    2015-12-25 06:17:18 (Reply to:tech54)
     Now I'm being told to not ship it. I purchased an old stock unit from a matco tool dealer. They used to carry the autel product but dropped them for the launch products. It was new and unregistered when I bought it. And their program worked great. But if this does not get fixed then I won't recommend to any other techs I  know. Or to the owner of the shop I work at now with 4 locations purchasing 2 per location due to having so many techs. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-25 21:00:27 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

it shouldnt really matter where you bought it they produced it and warranty is warranty..

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-26 07:01:17 (Reply to:busaman)

I think anyone that knows their way around a MaxiSys and how to use Team Viewer could access another Maxi Sys if they exchange the required information between one another. I think Eddie 65 even offered remote access service for a fee to diagnose car problems via team viewer if someone needed help. Can't see why a copied and pasted missing file  using team viewer might not be able to repair someone elses Tablet remotely

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-26 14:24:29 (Reply to:witsend)

do you know exactly which file is missing

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-26 14:27:26 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

whats your e-mail..

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-26 23:19:30 (Reply to:Mdtaylor)

That's why I mentioned about authorized seller's I'm going to guess they aren't honoring warranty cause Matco currently isn't one which gives them an out to deny service in their minds. They never answered another post which I hounded them about total care protection where hardware gets fixed depending on model for a fixed price and what happens if vendor chooses no longer to carry their products like your situation. As far as other members of the community helping by giving files nothing against them but like they already tried to wiggle out by saying you rooted tablet which was BS what then if it doesn't work out. Looking like Autel  won't support their hardware right now so where are we all going? Please reply back why they said don't ship it now to confirm their position whatever it is. Lost sales is where their heading it seems both with updates and buying new units.
  Total5 Pages