Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > I am not paying for a year of updates
I am not paying for a year of updates

9971 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-11 07:16:26

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    Rod Maher

2016-02-16 21:19:15 (Reply to:langelift)

Yes, I agree. 1200.00 is highway robbery. Considering the poor service and support and the weak R&D on vehicle software versions, I think they have a nerve to charge so much money for subscription renewal. Snap-on and GIT have far superior tooling after sales support and they never release untested software and there subscription costs are less.. considerably less. I am going to find it difficult to give these thieving and lying boneheads more of my money when my subs are due.

•   Level 4   
    (112) points
    langelift
    2016-02-17 13:13:19 (Reply to:Rod Maher)
     my subscription runs out on 3-15 2016 and i stopped doing updates two weeks ago i know there are some new updates but i will not download them because i don't trust them right now the tool seems to be stable and working and i will not take any chances i have read a lot of the horror stories on these forums where people have done the latest updates just before their subscription runs out and the tool doesn't work anymore that is not right at all that is another reason why i will not pay the $1300.00 for a tool that offers a lot of  problems $1300.00 is a lot of money for problems that people don't need Autel needs to do a much better job across the field before they can say this is the best tool on the market there is so much competition out there think back 10 years ago there wasn't as much competition out there as there is now

•   Level 4   
    (112) points
    langelift
    2016-02-17 13:46:57 (Reply to:jgraham)
     i agree with you 100% they (AUTEL)will lose in the long term with all the competition that is out there.where they are doing a much better job in terms of the software part of the tools that are out there but yeah if there are glitches in the software that we have now we should not have the gun held to our heads to pay big money for glitches they have created they should separate these fixes from their new vehicle updates Autel would be doing themselves a lot of good if they done it that way but i don't see it happening any time soon and sadly i don't trust their downloads luckily i have other tools to run too to be able to get the job done this should not be the way to deal with these glitches we payed big money for these tools and they should be working 100%. there are guys out there just working with this one tool AUTEL should be taking care of these problems at no additional cost without having to download their new software updates they just don't want to separate the fixes from the new software it is a lot of work     

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-18 08:02:06 (Reply to:jgraham)

100% agree any thing that doesn't work properly inside your subs should be fixed for free...

but  Autel are greedy they want the cake and eat it...

•   Level 4   
    (112) points
    langelift
    2016-02-18 20:22:09 (Reply to:busaman)
      yeah that is sad but i think in the long term they will suffer for being greedy autel screwed up and their legal team cost money so the customer has to pay for it. so i think when you crunch the numbers for update vs new scan tool for me it is a no brainier to just buy a different tool try something new is how i believe you might find something better and cheaper in regards to the updates  how old is your unit and if expired how well is it working for you?

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    Rod Maher

2016-02-18 20:56:41 (Reply to:langelift)

I am thinking the same thing as you. New tools are being developed all the time.
    The MaxiSys Elite is just a rehash of the same old MaxiSys tool so I do not see that as a new tool, it is just another troublesome MaxiSys with all the same problems.
    I don't think I will pay out more money to Autel in the hope that one day they will fix all of their problems and produce the tool that they promised when I purchased it.
    I will be looking for another tool instead of renewing my subscriptions.

Does anyone have any experience with the Foxwell GT80 plus? I am going to request a test drive of this tool from my local supplier.
    http://gt80.foxwelltech.com/

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-19 08:30:03 (Reply to:langelift)

mine is now 2yrs old subs out not going to buy unless they do something amazing to be worth that much money i have lots of separate OEM tools also..

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    jandrautosports

2016-03-26 08:04:26

Mine hasent worked corectly since day one. Support simply keeps telling me to update the tool wich I do time and time again with no results. If anyone plans on startting a class action suit I'm in. A tone of money spent with a scan tool that doesn't do anything they say it does. False advertizing with crap for tech support and a phone number that doesn't work unless you want to talk to a robot.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-03-28 06:22:05 (Reply to:jandrautosports)

We hope you can describe your case in details to support@autel.com. Afetr checking our email records, we never received your email before. So if you are not satisfied with our product, please provide detailed information, so we can help you better.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-03-28 13:45:08 (Reply to:langelift)

Sorry, but I am not 100% agree with you.

The reason is:

The things that we are capable to do in BMW, Mercedes and VAG group worth the 1200usd. Just three brands. 

I know that the tools has lot of things that are need to take care, but I think Autel as given the effort to help everyone in the forum and out there in the world.

When you found something wrong and you report to Autel Support, normally, they take car of that problem in a few days.

Do you know other brands were you can complain and they take care of the problem in a few days?
  Total4 Pages