Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > I am not paying for a year of updates
I am not paying for a year of updates

9970 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-11 07:16:26

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    civette

2016-03-28 16:21:53 (Reply to:Pedro)

autologic takes care of it immediately  

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    garage

2016-04-21 21:05:35

My subs ran out on Feb this year and there is no way that I will be renewing, It can lie there and collect dust before I will upgrade this substandard machine.$1200 is bullshit, I too have almost all the dealer tools and only bought this a quick to use around tool, I think they may have had too much rice wine at the last board meeting

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-04-27 05:50:15 (Reply to:garage)

i agree it is better to buy a new tool every 2 years and put the old one on ebay..

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-04-29 23:34:40 (Reply to:busaman)

Here they have already started to sale on ebay...............there are quite a few used one's for sale on ebay which already shows that they don't want to update them any more................(Very Sad his sealing with still valid updates time)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autel-MaxiSYS-MS908-Automotive-Car-Diagnostic-system-Scanner-reprogramming-Tool-/121965745749?hash=item1c65b99655:g:osYAAOSwq7JUHNeS

•   Level 2   
    (41) points
    Dakota_don

2016-09-28 19:25:18 (Reply to:langelift)

soon as my subscription ran out, my scan tool software didn't work on some cars, autel wants me to renew and pay before they will fix it.. Now the system was fine until they did an update right before my subscription ran out.. Seems autel has some kinda scam going on,,

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    tambo

2016-09-29 06:41:02 (Reply to:langelift)

Hello i agree  with you 100% .Had a demo of the Texa yesterday looks an interesting tool which also comes with wiring diagram and vehicle data built in engine torque setting ,cam belt diagrams ,alternator belts etc etc.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    autel1040

2016-09-29 11:58:09 (Reply to:Dakota_don)

Same here

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2016-09-30 11:46:20 (Reply to:Dakota_don)

you mean, that YOU did an update right before the end of the subscription and YOU have not created any backup before.

We all know that we need backups of working systems, but no one creates it and complains afterwards.
    Autel is not always the guilty part here.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-09-30 15:04:23 (Reply to:fware)

I agree with you 100% that everyone needs to be proactive and  has to create a back up of  their working software, resist the urge to do any last minute updating close to your expiration , and when  possible just disable the  internet connection to it, or block Autel's web site address afterwards  to prevent  it from automatically connecting to Autel's server to check for subscription status and any further available updating .
      From what I have read on the forum , it sounds like if you update an older Pre 2015 software DS708 or MaxiSys to get Newer car coverage , that some of the functionality of the older car coverage has allegedly been compromised or lost. It doesn't help that Autel once made claims the Flagship DS708 once was at least 90% of the OE tools functionality on some makes  but now Tool comparison charts dismisses the DS708 and MS906 coding abilities as minimal to the MaxiSys platforms coding abilities as being advanced. Most of the complaints of software functionality was generated from post logo removed software versions of MaxiSys software. Why would I want to chance a new update on my DS708 (with older software at the 90% capability Autel once claimed the former flagship DS708 once possessed) to get newer coverage at the risk of dumbing  down  the older car coverage with the newer more legal approved version of software which coding functions now listed as minimal.
      All this is just Hearsay and may indeed be BS until a complete comparison  of same scan tool model can be done with  old 2014 and current software to see if  the functionality of the  new update's older car coverage functionality is at least as good as it ever was and listed functions work when tried.
     Even with 2014 software  My old DS 708 still seems pretty hit or miss  communicating some older models  Mitsubishi, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota, and communicating with some pre 2003 Chrysler ABS and it's Crossfire model.

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    mtony1982

2016-10-01 06:57:42 (Reply to:busaman)

Does it have bi directional controls?
  Total4 Pages