Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Question for Support Re Internal Batter...
Question for Support Re Internal Battery Replacement

37722 Views 85 Replies Latest reply: 2017-09-26 19:46:25

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-06 02:26:01 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

The battery for Maxisys mini is 122-500007-001.
    5000mAh/3.7V/116.5x70.7x5.2mm/

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2016-01-06 03:00:07 (Reply to:Support02)

Got my answer about mini battery specification and not currently having an issue but part numbers seem to be an in-house stock number (no google search results) or manufacturer. other question is charging voltage with max amperage in case AC adapter is failing and will unit run strictly off AC adapter  if battery failing like a laptop will. Stop about the different region nonsense all batteries do fail eventually and would be nice if posted a service avenue at a concrete price for replacement whether or not end user has a current total care update. Most users aren't going to buy a new unit just for power supply problems.Since it's almost impossible to get a live person on the phone for these questions please respond and thanks. I would think a lot of users would just prefer to send unit in for this type of maintenance rather than deal with un-gluing,soldering or possible connector fitment issues.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-06 16:57:09 (Reply to:Support02)
        Thanks, support ,  It's hard to believe that a fully charged Tablet internal battery spec would only measure 3.7 V.
    If  you were to separate the wires of the cord of the DC scanner side of power source (unplugged from wall outlet ) and with wire piercing probes could then check the internal battery voltage potential with a DVOM would it read less than 4V, or more like 12V?
     The in house part # of the Maxi Sys batteries don't come up on a search. Is there a Industry cross reference to the  autel# not availabe yet , for Example a good  image posted of a maxi sys battery with a legible writing  with something useful on it like  MatsuSh@ta  xxx- 1- bbc-sob? :-)
    I would prefer to be able to change the internal battery myself. I think within a year, a lot more people will need to have the internal batteries replaced and creation of  good straight forward tutorial video with a known good economical battery replacement I could find on You tube and buy on E bay.
     The cost of Maxi Sys Battery replacement 2-3 years down the road needs to be factored in besides the cost of updating.
    Something like this for the Maxi Sys Series  be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG2g64T6MVo

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-01-07 01:43:46 (Reply to:witsend)

can you just take your maxisys  908 or 905  to a computer repair shop  that fixes laptops.
    and have them install a new  battery.    i  talked  to  someone  who owns  a computer shop who fixes laptops. he looked  at  my 905  and  said  once  he takes  the cover  off he should be able to solder a new battery in  for about 300.00   

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-07 08:18:26

To run Maxisys, it only needs 3.7V. If you unplugged the DC power, you can use DVOM, it reads 3.7V-4.2V. If you use higher voltage battery, it will burn out the device.

Sorry the part No. is in hourse part#. The battery of Maxisys series is customized for our products, and can't be purchased from outside. If you want to replace the battery, you can order the battery from your local dealer directly. For your information, as long as the battery is 11000mAh, 3.7V lithium-polymer battery and the battery specification can meet the requirements, you can use it in Maxisys. 

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-01-07 15:01:46 (Reply to:Support02)

This is answer is correct. People aren't ask this type of information in every brand, like Apple or Asus, etc.

If you have a problem, go to local dealer. If you don't want to, diy. 

It's the same like other electronic products.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-07 15:31:42 (Reply to:Support02)

Support02

2016-01-05 06:59:06 (Reply to:witsend)

"The battery voltage and changing voltage are different concepts. Generally speaking, the voltage of lithium battery is 3.7V, but the changing voltage is 12V. Like iPhone, the battery is 3.7V, but the changing voltage is 5V."

"To run Maxisys, it only needs 3.7V. If you unplugged the DC power, you can use DVOM, it reads 3.7V-4.2V. If you use higher voltage battery, it will burn out the device."

So the Maxi Sys AC Adapter has a 12v charging output, the cigarette adapter, and the battery clip adapter that plug in the same port Apply 12V or more to a 3.7V battery? How does that not damage a 3.7 V battery?

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-01-07 16:08:04 (Reply to:witsend)

when 12 volts is coming into the maxisys  to charge it.   could it be that there is some kind of drop down voltage risister   in the unit  to only send  3.7 volts to the battery.

and support  i called a few local dealers  about buying a new battery  and no one  has one  or  can get one.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-07 17:05:29 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)
     I don't know , but it would make more sense to me if  a 3.7 V battery typically uses a charger of 5 volts, then  if the Maxi Sys has a 12 volt charger output , and the battery clip adapter, and lighter adapter attach to the same port, that without some sort of step down  voltage regulator between, the charge port, the 3.7 v battery would be toast unless battery pack inside  is actually composed of three 3.7 volt batteries hooked in series equaling 11.1 volts  that could be charged safely without voltage regulator by the 12-15v a typical automobile would supply.

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2016-01-07 17:16:38 (Reply to:witsend)

Majority of the single pack LiPo battery packs puts out 3.7 volts.  Almost every tablet and cell phone in the world uses this voltage.  Remember, this a Android tablet inside and the majority of tablet components work on 3.7V.  The reason for the 12 volt input is for ease of us connecting to car outlet to use and this voltage is universal for automotive.  They have a voltage regulator inside of the scanner to bring operating voltage to charge and use tablet down to 3.7 to 4.2 volts.  Now if they made it a 3.7V charger and input, then everyone will complain why they cant plug it into the vehicle to use. 
  Total9 Pages