Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Question for Support Re Internal Batter...
Question for Support Re Internal Battery Replacement

37723 Views 85 Replies Latest reply: 2017-09-26 19:46:25

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    CMillet86

2016-03-10 14:41:07 (Reply to:frozen)

Looks like I will be shoving this thing in the container and using it plugged in only when I need to do immobilizer stuff or something of that nature. Probably pick up a OTC Encore for day to day use. What a waste of $3k. I took mine apart and measured the battery voltage, I have 3.8 volts, so that leads me to believe I have a issue in the power circuit somewhere. 

•   Level 3   
    (59) points
    shawng

2016-03-10 21:46:11

Add me to the list of people having the issues reported here. I am in Canada which makes getting repairs even more painful. I have absolutely no intention of sending my scanner to the US for repairs. I also spent 2 days on hold where Support is never available to answer the phones (this hasn't changed in 2 years). Considering the price of the yearly subscription, it is cheaper to just go buy a new one. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-03-11 15:20:36 (Reply to:shawng)
       Sending these things damn things back to China for determination of total care warranty coverage involves too much down time . I would think that Autel in the USA should pair with a large local retailer that provide computer services  like Best Buy (Geek Squad), Office Max , or Micro Center to become the Authorized repair centers and make the call if the problem of power shut down , is bad battery or power supply, or the voltage regulator ,or motherboard and let them make the call for Autel to a replacement tablet head or change out the battery.
       I would probably purchase this very thin external battery from Amazon to get me by for as long as possible and not open my unit, lest I lose  chance Total Care Warranty if I break any tamper seal taking the unit apart before I decide to purchase a Total Care Update .Autel needs to clarify if need of a new internal battery qualifies for head replacement under Total Care update purchase or will pay for free internal battery replacement at Best Buy, Office Max, or Micro Center as authorized service providers.

http://www.amazon.com/Coosh-20000mAH-Portable-External-Universal/dp/B00QRH3Q8I/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1457309537&sr=8-8&keywords=external+12v+battery

•   Level 3   
    (59) points
    shawng

2016-04-14 18:11:22 (Reply to:witsend)

Here we are, April 14, a month after the last post and absolutely no updates from Support on the issue. Surely the boat from China has landed and been unloaded. So I ask, where are the new batteries? Can we purchase one from Autel? I have already had the unit open and I am capapble of replacing it myself. 

Support, where are you?

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2016-04-15 01:17:27 (Reply to:shawng)

They are on that same slow boat from China along with the batteries I suppose. Everybody should keep up the pressure to keep this post in the forefront.

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    JorG

2016-04-18 16:13:15 (Reply to:Support02)

About that, I've noticed since day one that when I plug the power adapter with the
    sanner on to update it, if I try to select something (touch screen) the camera will turn
    on by it self, so I'm already used to select whatever I want to update, an then conect
    the power adapter.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-08-08 14:51:46 (Reply to:tech54)
    Support,  Has the long slow boat from China arrived in the USA, with Maxi Sys Batteries and a link provided to a place where a Do It Your Selfers can order and procure a  new replacement battery yet for their Maxi Sys platform yet?

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-08-09 09:23:04 (Reply to:witsend)

For those customer located in USA, please contact our US service team to get it replaced. Email is ussupport@autel.com, tel No. is 1-855-AUTEL-US (288-3587)

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2016-08-15 23:23:43 (Reply to:witsend)

Just on that note of battery failure in the 908

When I first got my 908 I proudly set it atop my toolbox

At the end of the day I folded the back stand to seat it  and it snapped hard]

AND I ONLY DID IT ONCE

2 years old, always on the charger unless  on the move with it

Havent tried but think could get 5 hours

do not use scope as per a utube video I saw some where about power meter dropping

I brace the 908 in my arm pit and flex the wire stand close gently,, NO Snap !

It must hit the battery ,

My  thought

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    Dcmccrea

2016-09-16 07:27:18

found this.  looks like two basic batteries with a posative and negative wire on each attached to a charging circuit board.  heres a video of replacing the batteries with some generic ones from amazon.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRuZlL5WAc
  Total9 Pages