Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Question for Support Re Internal Batter...
Question for Support Re Internal Battery Replacement

37719 Views 85 Replies Latest reply: 2017-09-26 19:46:25

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2016-01-28 02:01:27 (Reply to:Support02)

Thank you for reply

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    jensen service

2016-01-28 20:22:06

I contacted autel to ask about how to go about purchase a battery when the shipment comes in and also provided him with the autel part number that you gave out. And the gentlemen said they he has never heard anything like that before and autel does NOT sell just the battery. That we have to send in our unit to autel and they will repair. Please help me with how to go about purchasing one of the batteries when they become available. thanks

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    autophlexx

2016-02-12 23:02:43 (Reply to:frozen)

Maybe we should do a class action lawsuit. My maxisys pro is only almost two years old and having this shut down issue where the sreeen blanks out  due to the battery. Even while in the process of diagnosing a vehicle. This support makes no sense for a scanner that cost so much, and it almost half the cost of the scanner to replace a darn battery plus the down time of the tool being out of service. We should switch to LAUNCH.

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1

2016-02-14 13:59:18

Maybe support is full of it. when it concerns the battery shipement. However i often find that most customer service reps are ill informed. again you can blame autel for this as well.

I don't wish to have any battery problems in the future so i try to keep my maxisys mini around 50% charge at all times. typically the best way to get the longest lifespan from the battery. Hopefully this disposable scanner theory that autel has will have been rectified by the time i need to think about replacing the battery.

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-02-19 17:42:01 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

http://www.usatoolwarehouse.com/usatoolwarehouse/AUL-12500.html

this place  say they will have the battery in stock  in  a few weeks  for the 905 mini

AUL-12500 Autel 12500
    12' Battery Replacement Reset

AUL-12500

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-02-20 02:39:51 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)
     Have you had the battery tested. I don't know if what steps down the 12 volt input to4.2 v or whatever to fully charge the 3.5V battery is an integral part of the battery itself  or something between the charge port and battery, and  that is what might actually be the cause and  the failed battery is  the consequence.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    CMillet86

2016-03-04 18:54:48 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

Has anyone bought this battery yet?

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-03-05 01:45:50 (Reply to:CMillet86)

i will call the company  up on monday  and see if they have it in stock yet.   

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-03-07 00:50:53 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)
      Don't sweat things about the internal battery replacements I would  say if  it turns out the battery replacements are overpriced and they decide to make  you send in your scanner to an authorized repair center to do it and won't  sell direct to you and give you clear DIY  instructions , then F 'em  I believe the logical thing for me would to just get be a trim external battery velcroed to the back of the tablet to get me by  unless the defective one inside starts smoking or the voltage regulator dies. Just so Autel knows, there are plenty of economical aftermarket external battery alternatives now  becoming available if  the direct internal replacement batteries are not priced right ,or made  a hassle or mystery to buy and install. Please be fair ,we are technicians ,most of us can follow instructions, use a DVOM to test a voltage regulator and user a solder gun if need be to change a battery. Thanks in advance

http://www.amazon.com/Coosh-20000mAH-Portable-External-Universal/dp/B00QRH3Q8I/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1457309537&sr=8-8&keywords=external+12v+battery

•   Level 3   
    (61) points
    frozen

2016-03-08 04:11:54 (Reply to:witsend)

as i said earlyer it's one piece battery taped to back cover with one pc connector and you done , no tools needed ( i had it out)

in my opion it's a 20 to 30 dollar battery and thats a lot

Total9 Pages